Here’s the next set of invitations; as always, you are invited to play along:
Prep + Mise en Place
(1) Write a list of 30 things you love right now. If you’re feeling generous, share your list in the comments section. I’d love to see what you love right now.
(2) For your journal or commonplace:
- Do a blind contour drawing of your hand.
- Sit for ten minutes looking out a window. Make a list of everything you see in that time.
(3) Here’s this week’s (nonfiction) prompt:
- Place Essay. Write a short essay about a place you know well but that you haven’t visited in a while. Put yourself in the essay. Try to reveal something essential about yourself in your depiction of this place. Include at least two of the following: food, music, topography, something built in another century, a person native to this place.
If You’re Bored or Stuck
- Eat a meal outdoors.