I’m TJ. I write books (and other things).
- Write Mindfulness: A DIY Guide to Writing for the Right Reasons
- Self-Helpless: A Misfit’s Guide to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- The Unmasked Tenor: The Life and Times of a Singing Wrestler (with Sam Tenenbaum)
- This is the Story of His Life—
- In Order to Form a More Perfect Union
- Pilgrims: A Love Story
I help other people write books (and other things).
- Here’s my list of freelance editorial services and rates.
- Here’s my full CV, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- If you prefer the Reader’s Digest version, here’s a two-page resume.
- Or if you just want a general sense of how I read, this might be what you’re looking for: “How I Read: A Statement of Purpose.”
- Along those same lines, here are 10 Things (I Think) I Think About Writing.
- If you have a writing project that needs an extra set of eyes (or pair of hands), I’d love to work with you. Just shoot me an email through my Consulting page.
I also teach.
Mostly what I teach is writing (workshops in poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and screenwriting) and literature. I work with all kinds of students, in all kinds of classroom environments — in K-12 settings, at colleges and universities, and in community arts programs. If your writing group or community arts program is in the market for a workshop leader, I’d love to hear from you.