I’m TJ. I write books (and other things).
- Write Mindfulness: A DIY Guide to Writing for the Right Reasons
- Self-Helpless: A Misfit’s Guide to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- The Unmasked Tenor: The Life and Times of a Singing Wrestler (with Sam Tenenbaum)
- This is the Story of His Life—
- In Order to Form a More Perfect Union
- Pilgrims: A Love Story
I help other people write books (and other things).
You can click here for a list of my freelance editorial services and rates. If you have a writing project that needs an extra set of eyes (or pair of hands), I’d love to work with you. Just shoot me an email through my Consulting page. Here’s my full CV, if you’re into that sort of thing. If you prefer the Reader’s Digest version, here’s a two-page resume. Or if you just want a general sense of how I read, this might be what you’re looking for: “How I Read: A Statement of Purpose.” And here are 10 Things (I Think) I Think About Writing.
I also teach.
Mostly what I teach is writing (workshops in poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and screenwriting) and literature. I work with all kinds of students, in all kinds of classroom environments — in K-12 settings, at colleges and universities, and in community arts programs.